DICA Magnetic Sling Protector 18" Medium Duty
Regular price $483.00
Accepted Forms of Payment:
ORDERING & SHIPPING
- All DICA LiftGuard® Sling Protectors have shipping costs included in the price.
- All LiftGuard units include an INSTALLED Velcro Strap.
- Shipment lead times are 1 business day.
- Model: LG-18-3-90
- Length: 18"
- Max Sling Width: 16"
- 1" Sling Capacity: 12,500 LBS.
- Max Sling Protector Capacity Based on Max Sling Width = 200,000 LBS.
- Weight: 3 LBS.
- Color: Blue
- Strap: Velcro
- DICA LiftGuard Medium Duty Magnetic Sling Protectors are designed for use with all synthetic sling types, and can be used with wire rope and chain slings when lighter loads or low frequency use is planned.
- LiftGuard Sling Protectors prevent damage to synthetic slings, wire rope, chain slings and loads from sling contact with load edges, corners, abrasive surfaces, and protrusions.
- Velcro straps help ensure DICA Sling Protectors stay attached to your rigging and make carrying and placement easier for crews.
- All sling types can be damaged when lifting a load if they are not properly protected. Cut and damaged slings are the leading cause of most rigging related accidents. LiftGuard Sling Protectors help reduce your liability by eliminating the use of makeshift load or sling protection.
- Stated capacities are based on full contact of the sling protectors horizontal and vertical surfaces and the load.
- If full contact is not possible, the unit must be de-rated. Contact your rigging supplier or DICA to calculate the capacity for specific lifts.
- Except for Groove units, when full contact exists, calculate the lift capacity by multiplying the sling contact width x 12,500 LBS.
- Synthetic Slings: The working load limit is 12,500 LBS. per inch of synthetic sling width contact.
- Wire Rope and Chain Slings: The working load limit (WLL) is 12,500 psi.
- Magnetic: No tools are needed for installation or removal since the magnets allow for quick and easy attachment and removal. The magnets in all LiftGuard products are slightly recessed. This slight recess ensures a magnetic connection without direct contact that could scratch painted surfaces.
- Wire Rope Slings – D/d ratios. Always consult your wire rope D/d guidelines. DICA LiftGuard Sling Protector “D” = 5.
- Never overload the sling protectors.
- Always calculate the protector capacity based on the type of protector, the type of sling, and the contact area of the sling on the protector.
- Slings should never be in contact with the rounded surface shoulder of the sling protectors. Slings must only be in contact with the flat surface of the sling protectors.
- Ensure edge protectors are clean and smooth before use.
- DO NOT use LiftGuard edge protectors that are bowed or discolored. These are signs of overloading.