DICA Magnetic Sling Protector Grooved 9" x 0.5" Groove
Regular price $354.00
Accepted Forms of Payment:
ORDERING & SHIPPING
- All DICA LiftGuard® Sling Protectors have shipping costs included in the price.
- All DICA LiftGuard Protects include an INSTALLED Velcro Strap.
- Grooves MUST be selected based on the exact plate or flange thickness. Custom sizes are available for your specific needs. Call 800-610-3422 or Get A Quote for a custom size.
- Model: LG-9-2-360G-0.5
- Groove Width: 0.5"
- Length: 9"
- Max Sling Width: 7"
- 1" Sling Capacity: 6,250 LBS.
- Max Sling Protector Capacity Based on Max Sling Width = 43,750 LBS.
- Weight: 2.75 LBS.
- Color: Blue
- Strap: Velcro
- LiftGuard Sling Protector Grooved Units securely connect to the flange of an “I-Beam” or the edge of a steel plate to protect synthetic slings, wire rope or chain slings.
- LiftGuard Sling Protectors prevent damage to synthetic slings, wire rope, chain slings and loads from sling contact with load edges, corners, abrasive surfaces, and protrusions.
- Velcro straps help ensure DICA Sling Protectors stay attached to your rigging and make carrying and placement easier for crews.
- All sling types can be damaged when lifting a load if they are not properly protected. Cut and damaged slings are the leading cause of most rigging related accidents. LiftGuard Sling Protectors help reduce your liability by eliminating the use of makeshift load or sling protection.
- Stated capacities are based on FULL CONTACT of the sling protectors horizontal and vertical surfaces and the load.
- The I-Beam Flange or plate edge MUST contact the back of the groove and the plate top and bottom MUST fit snug in the groove with no more than 1/16" slack between the groove and the plate's top and bottom edges.
- The steel flange MUST fit snugly into the groove.
- All three surfaces MUST be in FULL CONTACT with the load.
- Synthetic Slings: The working load limit is 6,250 LBS. per inch of synthetic sling width contact.
- Wire Rope and Chain Slings – The working load limit (WLL) is 6,250 psi.
- Magnetic: No tools are needed for installation or removal since the magnets allow for quick and easy attachment and removal. The magnets in all LiftGuard products are slightly recessed. This slight recess ensures a magnetic connection without direct contact that could scratch painted surfaces.
- Wire Rope Slings – D/d ratios. Always consult your wire rope D/d guidelines. DICA LiftGuard Sling Protector “D” = 5.
- Never overload the sling protectors.
- Always calculate the protector capacity based on the type of protector, the type of sling, and the contact area of the sling on the protector.
- Slings should never be in contact with the rounded surface shoulder of the sling protectors. Slings must only be in contact with the flat surface of the sling protectors.
- Ensure edge protectors are clean and smooth before use.
- DO NOT use LiftGuard edge protectors that are bowed or discolored. These are signs of overloading.